We Want to Hear From YOU!

We encourage you to use the comment feature of this blog. You don't have to have a special account to leave your comment. We desire to encourage and challenge one another. Let us know what you think!

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Random Deep Thoughts

Something Pastor said this morning led my into a winding deep thought right in the middle of service. I found myself tuning out temporarily as I pondered this new train of thought. I was so intrigued by where my meanderings where taking me that I pulled out my little Bible notebook and started taking notes, not on what Pastor was saying, but rather on my winding thought process.

Pastor was talking about the Holy Spirit/Ghost/Guest and likened God's omnipresent nature to air. That was the single comment that set me off on my deep thoughts...

Perhaps God's presence, His ability to be everywhere all at once (in Elkton AND Edinburgh) is due to fact that God is the air.

Wouldn't that just be like Him, to reside within our every breath. Without each breath we would die. Without air we can't move, stand, swim, etc. Air creates boundaries for our world. It keeps this world in balance and offers us structure and sustenance.

Isn't that what God does? He is everywhere all at once. Air is everywhere all at once.

Think about this... "...The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." [Gen. 2:7]
"...But you blew with your breath, and the sea covered them. They sank like lead in the mighty waters." [Ex. 15:10]
"...The valleys of the sea were exposed and the foundations of the earth laid bare at the rebuke of the LORD, at the blast of breath from his nostrils." [2 Sam. 22:16]
"...In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind." [Job 12:10]
"...The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life." [Job 33:4]
'...And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit." [John 20:22]


All of these references deal with breathing or a breath. And what do we breathe? What is a breath? Air, of course! God can blow His breath and divide seas. We receive the Holy "Guest" by His breath. I don't believe that it is a stretch to think that all the air we breathe is the breath of God.

Hmmm...

This is just one of a few "random deep thoughts" I had this morning. (That's what my wonderful husband called them when I tried them out on him over a slice of Hawaiian pizza this afternoon.) I love when thoughts like this creep into my mind, because it's like I knew this all along, but then suddenly it materializes from my subconscious spirit to my conscious mind. So cool.

What are your random deep thoughts? What great, simple revelations have you had lately?

God is good.
We are good, because He is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melis--thanks so much for sharing your heart ... what a refreshing thought that God is the air!! I imagine a high-pitched voice quickly rattling off the phrase, "He's everywhere, He's everywhere!" HE IS ... and I'm so thankful! Where would we be without Him?