We Want to Hear From YOU!

We encourage you to use the comment feature of this blog. You don't have to have a special account to leave your comment. We desire to encourage and challenge one another. Let us know what you think!

Monday, March 12, 2007

The Names of God

I recently did a Google search for the names of God. I got hundreds of thousands of results. One article came back with a list of over 600 names for God. I thought I'd share some of them with you each week until we get through them all. I figure that if I list 25 names a week, it will take us about 24-25 weeks to get through all the names of God listed in this article. So let's begin at the beginning with the A's...

1. A Branch (Jesus)
2. A chief cornerstone (Jesus)
3. A consuming fire
4. A covert from the tempest
5. A father to Israel
6. A God that hidest thyself
7. A Governor
8. A great high priest (Jesus)
9. A holy God
10. A jealous God
11. A just God and a Savior
12. A hiding place from the wind
13. A high priest of good things to come (Jesus)
14. A high priest over the house of God (Jesus)
15. A judge of the widows
16. A light to lighten the Gentiles (Jesus)
17. A living stone (Jesus)
18. A man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief (Jesus)
19. A man of war
20. A merciful and faithful high priest (Jesus)
21. A merciful God
22. A mighty terrible one (In KJV, "terrible" means "awesome")
23. A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle (Jesus)
24. A nail in a sure place
25. A place of broad rivers and streams

I'm sorry that I don't have the Scriptural reference for each name. That would be nice. If there is one that seems odd to you, I encourage you to study the Word to see what It has to say on the matter. God will show you what He means. It is in the Word that we truly get to know the Father.

God Bless!

1 comment:

Steve and Elizabeth said...

I love this!!! It is so true.....He is everything we need Him to be!