We Want to Hear From YOU!

We encourage you to use the comment feature of this blog. You don't have to have a special account to leave your comment. We desire to encourage and challenge one another. Let us know what you think!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Are You Real or Authentic?

By Lisa Bevere

Are you looking for something more than the silk-flower version of your present Christian reality?

As I travel, I hear a lot of talk about the importance of being real and I have learned to question whether "real" is actually enough. I realized that something can be real without being authentic. A copy of a Monet is real, but it's not an authentic Monet. Part of being authentic is realizing the value of the original. Originals are the beginning of something. An example of an original is a genuine work of art, not a copy or a forgery. Do you realize there is something extremely unique and original about you? You need to be true to who God forged you to be.

I have grown a bit tired of controlled beauty. I know living flowers cost more to maintain, but I prefer experiencing a single rose over an entire bouquet of silk and plastic. Better yet, give me something alive and growing, and let me be part of making it blossom and bloom. Whether you embrace your uniqueness or live out your life as only a mixed forgery of the lives of others, is really up to you. But know this: the whole world is watching in the hope that you will be an original.

The great news is that to be original, authentic and genuine, we don't have to be flawless! Our flaws actually declare us authentic. In fact, if we represent ourselves as flawless, then we most certainly declare ourselves as a fake. No one is perfect, save God.

(Ladies, my girlfriend, Stacey (Toldeo, OH) came across this article on Lisa's website and thought of US! Whether you know it or not, you are making a difference in this world. There are other women out there who don't even know you, yet they are praying for you and your needs. NEVER allow yourself to feel alone. Be authentic as Lisa challenges and fulfill your life's greatest calling! I love you all! - Melis)

No comments: